Monday, April 30, 2012

AWANA Cubbies

 Maggie has been going to Awana's at Lakepointe in Rockwall this past semester.  I have to say it was a hard commitment for me to make because it was Sunday nights at 5:30.  That meant we would have to leave Arkansas early to make it home.  I made the commitment and I am very proud I did.  I think that this was very beneficial for her.  They had to learn 25 different scriptures and Maggie did it with ease.  I think it was good for her to be make new friends and that she did.  The teachers/volunteers were awesome!  We always felt very welcomed and they always said "oh we missed you Maggie" when we would miss a week.

A few weeks ago Maggie made a comment in church about all her friends being up in front of church singing.   At that moment I felt so bad for not having her in choir at our church which is at the same time as Awana.  But I think this works for us right now.  I look forward to her attending next year.

Sunday she had an Awards Ceremony and Babe got to attend with us.  Mimi and I had a miscommunication or she would have been there too.  They marched down the stairs and said the Pledge of Allegiance (yes she knows it all -- mommy is smiling), pledge to the Awana flag, they sang the Cubbie song, and then they all got to march up on stage and get their awards and as a class they said a verse together as a class.

I was so proud of Maggie!!! She was very proud because they had a free ice cream from Chick-fil-A coupon in her awards bag.








2 comments:

Blair said...

Aw! My oldest did Awanas Cubbies last year and loved it! I am jumping over from Kelly's blog to say hi to a fellow DFW mama. Nice to meet you :)

Nutty Mom said...

Aw love the cubbies pics! I grew up in Awana, actually my dad was the awana missionary fro quite a while. Peanut was in Sparks this year and she just LOVED it.

Thanks for visiting my blog!